Cold Fusion and Authorware PostURL
I discovered today that Cold Fusion pages act strangely with Authorware and PostURL if no parameters are sent
I have been working with a client over the last couple of weeks, setting up a simple tracking system using Cold Fusion pages to handle the communication between the database and Authorware.
We hit an odd situation where one specific call to one specific .cfm page failed to return anything to Authorware, and instead opened a new web page containing the expected return.
After a bit of digging about I discovered that the cause of the problem was that this particular call sent no parameters to the cfm page, yet was still using PostURL. I had set up a function in Authorware that used PostURL for all the database calls, and for security and consistency I did not want to change that.
The ultimate workaround was to send the following parameter when none were actually required
So the final call to the cfm page became something like
result:=PostUrl(NetLocation^"call.cfm", "true=true", 5)